Chi Ko is a COSRT Accredited Psychosexual Therapist, BACP Accredited Psychotherapist, NMC Registered and fully trained to use EMDR Protocol.
Chi is the Principal Psychotherapist at START Therapy and has been working as a psychotherapist for more than 20 years, helping men and women in the Greater Manchester and Lancashire regions to overcome a range of sexual and relationship difficulties including:
- Communication and emotional issues within relationships.
- Sexual dysfunctions such as erectile and ejaculatory difficulties, painful sex and loss of desire.
- Sex addiction and Compulsive Sexual Behaviour including: fetishism, pornography, cyber sex, affairs and infidelity.
- Sexual Trauma
Chi works ethically and confidentially following the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) ethical framework. He is fully insured and has up-to-date DBS Disclosure. He is also bilingual speaking both English and Cantonese (Chinese).
Please feel free to contact Chi for further information: http://www.cosrt.org.uk/buddypress/members/chi-man-ko/
Qualifications and Training
- College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) Accreditation.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accreditation.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sex and Relationship Therapy (PGDipSRT).
- Masters Degree in Psychology (MSc)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy training with EMDR UK and Ireland.
- Sex Addiction Specialist Treatment Training.
- Graduate Certificate in Sexual and Relationship Therapy.
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Proficiency in Counselling.
- Diploma in Translation (Chartered Institute of Linguists).
- Diploma of Professional Studies in Nursing.
- Clinical Supervision Training.
- Specialist Training – Sexual Offending Behaviours (Specialist Treatment Organisation for the Prevention of Sexual Offending).
- Sex Addiction Specialist/Psychosexual Consultant (The Priory Wellbeing Centre).
- Psychosexual Specialist (Blackpool Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust).
- Bereavement Counsellor (St Catherine’s Hospice).
- Clinical Supervisor.
- Accredited Member of College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT).
- Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Member of Association for the Treatment of Sex Addiction and Compulsivity.
- Member of British Society for Sexual Medicine.
- Member of EMDR UK and Ireland.
- Psychosexual Therapist (Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust).
- Community Counselling Specialist Psychotherapist (East Lancashire PCT, 2006-2010).
- HIV Counsellor (East Lancashire NHS Hospital Trust, 1998-2006).
- Person-centred Counsellor (LGF Manchester, 1998-2001).
- Translation Officer (Manchester City Council, 1995-1998).
- Telephone Counsellor (Manchester Lesbian and Gay Switchboard, 1995-1997).
- Registered Mental Health Nurse.