Chi is an Accredited Psychotherapist and is currently appointed as a Trustee for ATSAC. He enjoys helping and empowering his clients to feel positive and confident. His empathic and non-judgemental approach work well with many clients from diverse communities. He shows unconditional positive regards through his kind-heartedness in therapy. This often enables his clients to feel safe, accepted and be vulnerable along the therapy journey.
Chi is originally from Hong Kong, a cultural diverse city with great influence from the East. Over the years, he continues to develop his therapy style towards an existential and humanistic approach. During therapy, he encourages clients to work with their feelings and emotions that are often difficult and challenging. His pluralistic and collaborative approach enables him to share insights and rapport with his clients.
Chi is a Clinical Supervisor and placement provider, approved by University of Central Lancashire, for trainee psychosexual therapist.
Chi is also a volunteer Bereavement Counsellor for St Catherine’s Hospice where he has provided counselling for individuals since 2011.
Areas of Expertise
Chi works with a range of conditions and difficulties in both traditional and unconventional relationships. These include:
- General mental health issues.
- Addictive and compulsive behaviours.
- Betrayal and re-building trust.
- Communication issues.
- Emotional difficulties.
- Sexual and relationship consultation.
- Psychosexual difficulties for men and women.
- Trauma (including sexual and complex PTSD).
Chi works ethically and confidentially following the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) ethical framework. He is fully insured and has up-to-date DBS Disclosure.
Please feel free to contact Chi for further information: https://www.cosrt.org.uk/members-2/chi-man-ko/
Qualifications and Training
- Master in Psychology – University of Central Lancashire.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy (Level 7) – University of Hull.
- Registered Mental Health Practitioner – NMC.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (4 Part) training – Approved by EMDR Association UK & Ireland.
- Clinical Supervision Skills Certificate – BPS Approved.
- Professional Diploma in Working with Sexual Addiction – Approved by ATSAC.
- Certificate in Coaching Skills – Lancaster University PTA.
- Training for Trainers in Sexual Health – Department of Health.
- Mindfulness practice and training in groups – ACROSS.
- Diploma in Counselling – ABC.
- Proficiency in Counselling – BACP.
- Diploma in Translation – Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Diploma in Professional Studies in Nursing – Salford University.
- Working with Sexual Offending Behaviours (Risk Assessment and Therapeutic Intervention) – STOPSO.